Yup is searching for a blockchain engineer that will oversee the maintenance and development of the Yup protocol. This includes smart contract development and the management and deployment of related blockchain infrastructure and services.
Yup is a social network for curators that accurately tracks web3 reputation by rewarding taste and utilizing permissionless metadata.
We’re a group of all-star technologists and product enthusiasts passionate about leveraging emerging technologies to solve hard problems in novel ways.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining, improving, and developing the existing Yup protocol and token bridges
- Building new systems for enhancing protocol scalability, sybil resistance, cost efficiency, and performance
- Developing systems for monitoring Yup protocol health, network uptime, and performance
- Managing blockchain middleware and infrastructure
- Work alongside CTO to help develop and implement technical best practices and roadmap for the team
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in writing, deploying, and testing distributed systems; specific experience with smart contracts and blockchain infrastructure is preferred but not required
- Familiarity with cryptography, distributed systems, and blockchain concepts
- Experience architecting, maintaining, and deploying scalable cloud infrastructure
- Strong team leadership, project management, and communication skills; 2+ years of experience as a tech lead or senior engineer is preferred
Extra Credit: What you can do beyond simply applying
ONLY CONTINUE IF YOU’RE COOL
- Join Yup, we will ask you about the platform, and having used it will help
- Join the Yup DAO and complete a quest – Yup is a decentralized protocol and the team works in an open source environment alongside the Yup community. Show that you can engage in this manner by completing a quest for the DAO. Feel free to suggest your own! You need to fill this form to be added as a contributor to DAO Quests and assign/create quests.
- Contribute to one of our repositories – Lots of our code and copy is open for feedback and editions.
- Non-technical repos: Docs
- Create a new wallet for yourself on a smart contract-based blockchain like Ethereum, Polygon, Solana, etc. – A basic understanding of web3 will help and this is the simplest way to get started!
- Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, GitHub, Ethereum