Weybridge is hiring a
Web3 Smart Contract Developer
Weybridge is a team of quantitative traders, researchers, economists, and engineers working in traditional financial markets, cryptocurrency markets, and blockchain technology. We develop sophisticated blockchain systems, analytics, signals, trading strategies, and economic models that drive our business. Our team applies the latest, most advanced concepts to analyse financial crypto markets and blockchain systems’ economies using data science analytics, machine learning, and modeling methods to help solve very complex challenges in investment, technology, economics, and venture capital.
Weybridge is looking for a Smart Contract Developer for our Venture Capital’s Accelerator division. Through its venture arm and accelerator, Weybridge makes strategic investments in companies applying blockchain technology in unique and novel ways to disrupt existing industries in gaming, music, fashion, sport, and others. The Accelerator division helps incubate and accelerate these companies, grow and optimize their execution by leveraging the Weybridge team’s unique set of skills, experience, deep-rooted technology knowledge, industry connections, and expertise.
If you want access to the forefront of Web3 powered virtual worlds, and the new blockchain economy financial rails that power them, this is the place for you. We invite you to come and explore the opportunity.
How we work
We have team members working worldwide, from Europe, North America, to the Middle East and Asia. We leverage agile methodologies to move quickly and stay focused. Communication is vital to us, and we rely heavily on various digital communication technologies and platforms to help us stay in sync and coordinate all activities.
This role is a full-time remote position offering the flexibility to work from anywhere. You have the option to work in one of our office locations if it is local to you.
In your role as our Smart Contract Developer in our Venture Capital accelerator program, you will drive the design and development of Web3 technologies including blockchain protocol solutions and integrations, smart contracts, proofs, wallets, nodes, explorers, open source solutions, distributed ledgers, cryptography algorithms, and more. You will leverage your expertise in and passion for software development to implement scalable, performant decentralised solutions on the blockchain. This is a great opportunity for you to work closely with our virtual economy designers, economists team members, quantitative researchers, as well as our large and diverse client base in some of the most active creative industries adopting, influencing and integrating blockchain technology.
What We’ll Offer You
An unparalleled opportunity to create — systems, strategy, relationships and culture. An environment where your voice will be heard and your impact deeply felt. A sense of belonging where your work is appreciated and rewarded.
You’ll work closely with a number of entrepreneurs, get exposure to a variety of inspiring and disruptive applications in blockchain technology and digital assets across numerous markets and industries. You will be a part of an expert team of talented scientists, engineers, financial professionals, creators, supporters, advocates, strategists with diverse backgrounds – all of whom are eager to collaborate and grow alongside you.
Your team will be working on internal and external projects ranging from low level service POW/POS and bonding contracts, all the way up to DeFi building blocks like decentralised marketplaces, exchanges, and consumer facing software including NFT designs and deployment systems.
- Implement smart contracts and tests
- Implement and design periphery contracts
- Design and implement peripheral mechanisms
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Evolve the technical direction of projects in design and engineering phases
- Own the software development process end-to-end, including working with stakeholders to determine requirements and design, architect, plan, implement, test, and operate new systems and features
- Engage in and contribute to projects across all client verticals
What You’ll Bring To The Team
We’re looking for a self-starter who is passionate about the blockchain space and very proud of their work product and producing the highest quality solutions.
At Weybridge, we value all the dimensions of diversity, including diversity of experience. We recognise that candidates applying for this role will be most successful if they bring the following with them:
- Degree in math, computer science, software engineering, or related field
- Deep understanding and experience developing on Ethereum and or EVM compatible blockchains
- Experience developing Solidity smart contracts & general web3 development (Solidity, web3.js, ethers.js, etc…)
- Knowledge of Rust, Go, C++ is a plus
- A strong Computer Science or Software Engineering background with solid understanding of algorithms, data structures, asynchronous programming, and related applications in blockchain and cryptography
- Strong knowledge and understanding of typical protocol design patterns for NFTs, DeFi, etc.
- Experience with Solidity smart contract development, management, processes, best practices, debugging and testing tools
- Solid foundational understanding of Mempool, Transactions and Events on chains, Gas, etc.
- Deployed contracts on Eth Layer 2 solutions (Optimistic and ZK)
- 1+ years of experience with web3 development (
- Ability to write full test coverage using Waffle, Mocha, Chai, etc
- Knowledge of common security vulnerabilities and infamous hacks
- Knowledge of popular design patterns and mechanism used in DeFi projects
- Fullstack programming experience with focus on using strongly typed languages (Rust, Golang, Typescript).
- Experience with NodeJs+Express, React, and Redux knowledge a plus
- Strong knowledge of API development, versioning, lifecycle management, and integration with other APIs
- Ability to integrate with Ethereum service providers such as Etherscan, Alchemy, The Graph, etc.
- Mobile Dapp development using React-Native and integration with deployed smart contracts also a plus.
If this sounds like the kind of environment you thrive in, we would love to hear from you!
The Fine Print
Weybridge celebrates diversity of thought, race, national origin and culture, age, experience, religion, economic and social status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability status. Building a culture of inclusion allows us to create and share experiences with each other, and with our virtual communities. We always seek to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace, and candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Weybridge does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job posting or directly to our talent team. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they’re human RMzQuNzQuMjEwLjIyMgM
Leave a comment