Compensation: $130k – $200k
New York CIty
Tenex is building a high performance, decentralized derivatives exchange.
Tenex aims to exceed 100,000 orders per second in production. This is over an order of magnitude improvement on the leading blockchain-based exchanges, which achieve roughly 3,000 TPS.
Tenex will deliver web2 experiences (high TPS, low latency, high uptime) while remaining decentralized and non-custodial, properties that are increasingly important in a space plagued by uncertainty and distrust. Tenex is working toward this goal through the use of a novel consensus algorithm that will power the next generation of blockchains.
Beyond performance, Tenex will support composability through the use of state proofs, a cryptographic primitive that enables seamless communication between decentralized applications.
As a Blockchain Engineer, you will work directly with the founding team to architect and grow the development efforts of Tenex. In this role, you will be tasked with leading technical designs, implementing, and will bear significant ownership in getting Tenex to Mainnet.
Who we are
The founders of Tenex met while working in the hedge fund industry. There, they saw the old financial system–opaque, full of moats, unfair. When they saw the growth of DeFi in 2020, they felt it was going to be incredibly disruptive. They saw what they believed to be the early stages of a new financial world. Armed with that vision, the team built out the top suite of DeFi applications on a leading Layer 1 blockchain.
Now the team is going after a bigger prize — building the exchange that will power the new financial system.
What you’ll be doing
- Design core, backend components, and code primarily using Rust
- Build, test, debug, and deploy a large-scale decentralized system across hundreds of nodes
- Work with consensus protocols, asynchronous runtimes, and execution engines to complete complex engineering challenges like building DeFi-related blockchain modules
- Develop and maintain high-quality software engineering practices and principles in a highly visible open-source project
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years (ideally 5+ years) of experience as a backend software engineer (e.g. backend engineer in tech company, student with significant engineering experience)
- Expertise in networking, distributed systems, consensus protocols, parallel execution, storage, or smart contract development
- Experience with asynchronous programming (e.g. Rust’s tokio framework)
- Experience with Rust, Go, Swift, or C/C++
Our HQ is currently in New York, NY where our tight-knit team of five works in person. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Very generous equity / token grants
- Health / Dental / Life / Vision insurance coverage
- 401k with matching
- Dinner covered during week
- Commuter benefits
- Gym membership of your choice
- Equipment (desktop, laptop, monitors) of your choice
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they’re human RMzUuMjA4LjE5MC42NgM
See more Web3 jobs at
Leave a comment