We’re looking for a blockchain engineer to help kickstart STRV’s journey into the Metaverse and NFT/GameFi/DeFi world. As global leaders in the web and mobile app development field, we are always ready to be first-in-line for emerging trends with huge potential. New beginnings are always exciting for our team — come join us!
Who We Are
First, a bit about us. STRV is a software design and engineering team that delivers next-level products. Here since 2004, we’ve delivered solutions for partners ranging from startups to enterprises, including Barry’s, Microsoft, MedMen, Barnes & Noble, The Athletic, Autodesk and more.
We focus on mobile applications, websites, backend infrastructure, IoT, blockchain and data science/machine learning/AI. The culture is very open and friendly, with everyone on the team self-driven in delivering the highest possible value for clients — because we all care about building partnerships and creating products that make us proud. But you’ve probably scrolled our web and read about all that already.
How You Fit In
The capabilities for STRV are growing rapidly, and we feel it’s the right time to bring in a blockchain expert in-house. We see a big appetite from our clients, and we have internally kicked off an NFT game Scavenger Land led by two of STRV’s co-founders Martin Stava & Pavel Zeifart. So don’t worry, you will not be alone in this, but we would like to have someone spearhead and evangelize blockchain technologies with all STRV and potentially help us grow the team.
If you join us, you will become part of our backend team and collaborate on various projects for our clients and within STRV Labs. You will also have a chance to mentor other people, share all blockchain-related wisdom with the team, and help us put together content to share on our blog and social media.
At STRV, Your Role Will Be to:
- Consult blockchain solutions for our clients and own STRV projects
- Implement those solutions for projects that we decide to pursue
- Collaborate closely with our design, engineering, and product teams
- Educate STRV team regarding blockchain ecosystem and its possibilities
- Publish related pieces of content to present STRV’s capabilities
- And potentially help us grow the blockchain team within STRV further
We Expect You to Have:
- Experience with building smart contracts
- Experience with Solidity (Vyper or Cadence are a huge benefit)
- Knowledge of libraries and frameworks like Truffle, or Hardhat, and OpenZeppelin
- Knowledge of ERC-20, ERC-721, ERC-1155 standards
- Experience with other blockchains
- Experience with Oracles (ChainLink etc.)
- Knowledge of scaling solutions (L2, Sidechains)
- Experience with Node.js
A few things to know: STRV people represent about 26 nationalities, so our official language is English. For people that decide to relocate to the Czech Republic, we’re always happy to provide visa sponsorships and relocation support. And as for meeting our US clients, there may be times you’ll get to visit them — or you may see them strolling through our Prague office since they’re often curious to see the STRV in action and to meet their team in person.
Learning & Other Opportunities
With over 100 engineers, platform experts, team leads and mentors, there’s always someone to consult, have a code review with and learn from. We also host regular meetups and workshops, and our engineers have a generous conference budget. The occasional trip to conferences worldwide is absolutely on the table.
And, in line with our knowledge-sharing mindset, we have Open Source Libraries that you can check out, have a very active Speakers Program, encourage you in writing articles (with which we’re ready to help) and throw lots of events.
Perks & Benefits
We want you to feel at home. Our benefits help make sure that you remain productive, have all the tools you need, and stay in great shape both mentally and physically.
Here’s what we offer:
- Flexible working hours (option to work from home)
- External display, extra charger and accessories
- AirPods or alternative headphones
- iPhone or Android phone based on your preference
- Phone plan for work and personal use with 30GB of data
- 3D printer available for all
- Fully equipped gym in our Prague office with in-person and online sports classes (circuit training, yoga, kettlebell, healthy – back & HIIT)
- Play areas with PS5, Xbox, foosball, pool table, ping-pong
- Multisport card to access other sports facilities for a small fee
- Daily snacks and fruits, lunch on Mondays, breakfast on Fridays
- Craft coffee, tea and matcha, twice a week bone broth and other essential supplies
- Award-winning office, rooftop bar, event space, relaxing zones, BBQ grill
- Conferences, meetups, language lessons, seminars to support personal growth
- Themed events, team buildings, parties to cultivate the spirit of STRV