PLEASE UPDATE WITH ROLE SPECIFIC INFORMATION
About the Position
The Accounting Policy & Controls Manager, reporting to the Controller, will play a crucial role in SALT’s risk management and reporting process, driving consistent application of accounting policy across the organization. The ideal candidate will possess expertise in SOX 404 compliance and solid knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage engagement, building out SOX 404 Compliance Environment
- Develop policy and process for better execution of closing our books and records, including flow to reporting internal and SEC reporting requirements
- Ensuring the internal controls related to accounting policies are designed, implemented and operating effectively for SOX compliance
- Implement best practices for accounting and banking operations, that meet the highest level of accounting compliance
- Deliver reporting to CEO and CFO for representations and controls oversight to support control deficiencies analysis.
- Collaborate with team on all accounting practices (lending, asset management, crypto, etc.) to execute improved accounting
- Manage projects of new features, products and business, and implementation and control structure into our accounting environment
- Implementation of new systems and tools to support accounting needs and build controls around it
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 4-5 years of U.S. GAAP accounting and financial reporting experience
- Direct experience with SOX 404 compliance reporting and preparation of financial documents and footnotes of public companies
- Thorough, comprehensive and current understanding of GAAP, financial reporting principles and SOX 404 regulatory requirements. Relevant bank, asset management or other financial services experience is a plus.
- Ability to analyze and resolve intricate accounting issues
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated to work in a fast-growing start-up environment
- Ability to work and communicate in a remote environment
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative and positive working relationships
- Even-tempered and able to balance multiple tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds
What we’d be thrilled with (nice-to-haves):
- Experience with SEC reporting and preparation of financial documents and footnotes of public companies
- SEC Reporting software and XBRL experience
- CPA license
What’s in it for you:
- Work Remotely:no commute/traffic, enjoy more flexibility and improved work/life balance, live where you want anywhere within the U.S. and work where you want – comfort of your home, favorite coffee shop, the beautiful outdoors – you pick!
- Health Insurance & Benefits:medical, dental and vision health insurance with options for the company to pay 100% of the monthly premiums for employees and all their eligible dependents, health care and dependent care flexible spending account options, virtual health options, robust 24/7 employee assistance program, and company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off:12 company paid holidays and unlimited paid time off – work hard / play hard!
- Retirement Savings:401(k) with company match
- Company Equity:receive grant of company stock options – build and share in our success!
- Perks & Recognition Program: monthly allowance to spend on gift cards, Visa/Mastercard prepaid cards, donation to charities, use to recognize / gift to others, and more!
- Remote Work Benefits:monthly stipend to use towards home internet, cell phone, and work supplies expenses. A generous payment to use towards your home office set up, in addition to a company-provided tech package – laptop, mouse, keyboard.
- Matching Gifts Program:company match of your charitable contributions – we support the causes important to you.
- Great Culture:partner with an engaged, collaborative team and enjoy our informal culture and fun virtual events.