➡️ About us
Block Games is a newly established, independent next-generation game studio based out of London. The vision of the company is to bring player-owned economies mainstream via a suite of tools that can be used to create blockchain-based, mobiles games on the Solana blockchain.
We’ve partnered with a leading European game studio development company based out in Vilnius, for the launch of the first game. Estoty brand has 10 global hits, 1.5bn+ games downloads & 250m active players.
We’re currently a team of 9 or 21 (including Estoty development team), all driven serial entrepreneurs, gaming enthusiasts, and marketing experts working on this new startup to shape the future of gaming.
Block Games is privately funded and most recently attracted $2m+ in fresh Pre-Seed funding from leading angel investors in the gaming industry, with plans to close an additional $10m Seed by end of the year.
About the Game
The first game is a free-to-play, action multiplayer RPG, where players can choose their Hero, enter PvE mode (where 4-8 players raid bosses to loot items of weapons/armor & increase their hero stats) before entering PvP 1vs1 arena mode to battle against other players, participate in Seasonal Tournaments, Clan battles and other special events. The game is set to launch in Q1, 2023 across AppStore & GooglePlay platforms.
➡️ About the position
As a Content Manager, you will be creating the story behind our brand and helping us to build and nurture relationships with our community. You’ll be collaborating with our remote team – a group of professionals passionate about the metaverse and the future of the internet. In addition, you’ll be assisting in managing freelance copywriters.
You’ll be among our early hires, so you’ll have a significant influence on the direction of the brand. Join us and shape the future of metaverse gaming!
- Plan and implement an editorial calendar across multiple releases
- Help coordinate our communications and PR activities
- Use data to inform content strategy improvements
- Help drive the story of the game
- Execute in crypto-native fashion, write about NFT drops, token airdrops, etc.
- Deepen community’s engagement with the game through written communication
- Research and develop a deep understanding of different player archetypes
- Stay up-to-date on the blockchain gaming ecosystem
➡️ What you bring
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- 3+ years of content marketing experience (ideally, gaming and/or crypto industries)
- The desire to do what it takes to effectively promote and distribute content in our space—get out there (virtually), make connections, pitch, etc.
- You have an optimistic outlook, and you’re equally excited about rolling up your sleeves to get something done, as you are with reflecting on our content marketing strategy and the big picture
- Passion for games and at least some knowledge and interest in the metaverse, blockchain, crypto, NFTs, play-to-earn games
- Strategic mindset
- Strong sense of ownership, entrepreneurial spirit – hungry to take on new challenges