Grayscale Investments is seeking a Private Placement Sales Representative – Western Region to add to our rapidly growing team. Grayscale Investments is the world’s largest digital currency asset manager. Through its family of investment products, Grayscale provides access to the digital currency asset class in the form of a traditional security without the challenges of buying, storing, and safekeeping digital currencies directly. With a proven track record and unrivaled experience, Grayscale’s products operate within existing regulatory frameworks, creating secure and compliant exposure for investors.
The Private Placement Sales Representative will be an effective communicator, and possess strong influencing skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for private placement sales efforts to grow the firm’s client base with qualified accredited investors, including high net worth investors, Registered Investment Advisors and family offices. Sales Representatives should have access to their own business/financial contacts or network of high net worth individuals clients when applying.
This role will report to Grayscale’s Head of Private Placement Sales.
- Direct new client acquisition to raise assets into Grayscale’s family of private placement investment products.
- Create relationships with HNW investors, RIAs, Family Offices and other eligible investors to introduce Grayscale Private Placement products.
- Effectively position the Grayscale private placement products to accredited investors.
- Become a specialist in Grayscale’s private placement products and stay apprised of industry trends.
- Attend meetings, industry events, and conferences to meet with potential investors and to represent the firm.
- Stay current on developments in the digital currency ecosystem
- Proactively communicate insights and key metrics for measuring impact of sales tactics and quality of message on a continuous basis.
- Assist in creation of sales resources such as marketing materials and other collateral for use on client / prospect presentations.
- Work closely with the Head of Private Placement Sales to understand and adjust to client needs and shift product focus as appropriate.
- [5-8] years of experience in a proactive, successful sales and service role (preferably in the financial sector or digital currency investments) and/or an established network of potential accredited investors.
- Experience selling private placement investment products to HNW, family office and RIA channel, and pre-existing relationships with this investor base.
- Exemplary communication, presentation, time-management and organizational skills.
- Strong interest in digital currencies, blockchain technology, and related concepts.
- Deep market knowledge of the global asset management industry (alternative investments preferred) as well as deep understanding of various client segments (including products, key regulatory, and industry trends).
- Strong business acumen and strategic orientation; proven experience in driving organic growth.
- Talented at networking with businesses and personal communities.
- Self-starter with enthusiasm, grit and a passion for raising capital.
- Ability to work effectively within a team – someone who is collaborative, flexible and adaptable, reliable with a strong ‘can do attitude’.
- Ability to think creatively and prioritize prospective sales opportunities.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience with Salesforce to track and monitor sales efforts.
- FINRA Series 7, 63 required.