Directive Games Limited is hiring a
Web3 TECHNICAL ARTIST
Salary: $90k – $158k
Directive Games was founded in 2014 by a group of industry veterans coming together from various AAA studios where they contributed to building some of the most iconic franchises over the last 20+ years. Over the years, we have developed a proprietary backend tech stack and are fascinated by any technology that enables and facilitates the creation of large persistent online universes that transcend the boundaries of our digital lives. We are currently developing a cross-platform (PC, Mobile, Web) massively multiplayer augmented reality blockchain game that allows players to build an entire virtual civilization from the ground up. If you are a like-minded developer interested in P2E games, we would love to hear from you.
We have offices in Reykjavik, Shanghai, and Los Angeles but accept applications from anyone willing to work remotely.
Do you want to apply your skills and knowledge to the next generation of graphics and technology? As a team member, you’re expected to collaborate with other disciplines, be proactive in how we work, solve issues, and be a part of a strong team of industry veterans and fresh talent alike.
We believe you have:
- 3+ years of experience as a senior/lead technical artist.
- Extensive Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Expert Maya/Blender user.
- Experience with Lighting, materials, and shaders as applied to Physically Based Rendering.
- Experience with Runtime analytics and optimization best practices.
And that you are:
- Passionate about art and technology.
- Actively voicing ideas and opinions to the team in a constructive manner.
- Communicating clearly and responsively.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and optimize efficient and robust materials/shaders across multiple assets/characters/environments.
- Define environment workflow/lighting setup to deliver visual target with an eye towards performance and memory management.
- Develop and maintain art asset pipelines, and collaborate with the art team to optimize workflows, authoring new tools as necessary.
- Use diagnostic tools to analyze content and identify areas for improvement.
- Assist with the management and integration of all art assets.
- Be proactive and develop and implement new ideas/solutions to problems as they arise.
- Be collaborative and creative with a seasoned team of passionate developers.
- Ability to step in and lend a hand with content creation.
We’d also love:
- Houdini knowledge
Leave a comment