Decent DAO is hiring a
Web3 Engineering Manager
Compensation: $150k – $200k
Who we are
Decent DAO is accelerating the decentralized future and restoring power to individuals. In-studio to on-chain, we’ve taken our mission out in the open, inviting builders, founders, and degens alike to share knowledge, define new opportunities, and establish a true meritocracy where prosperity is available to all. Want in on the action? Keep reading. And let’s show the world how Web3 could be and should be done.
Who are you?
You have a passion for building bleeding-edge technology on the blockchain. You’re a creative thinker and analytical problem solver who is inspired by the opportunity to build new startups and products and is unafraid to push the boundaries of what’s possible with technology. You can write and speak fluent English.
Engineering management is a nascent discipline at Decent. Our open source and globally distributed nature presents unique challenges and opportunities not found in traditional engineering management. Decent works at the intersection of many exciting fields (software engineering, cryptography, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open source, remote-first work). Engineering managers have the challenging and exciting task of taking the best from these cultures to support and empower engineering teams to deliver complex internet-scale systems in an environment defined by curiosity, passion, and a love for open source.
- Collaborate with the team and cross-functional partners on all aspects of product development.
- Identify and advocate for team-wide areas of improvement and best practices.
- Mentor team members to refine their technical and architectural skills.
- Magnify the impact of multiple teams of software engineers and open source contributors in their implementation of complex, distributed systems and protocols.
- Grow engineers’ skills, experience and confidence through regular 1:1s, coaching, actionable feedback, work and peer alignment, and career advocacy.
- Lead, improve, and document processes for technical prioritization, planning, design, implementation and releases in harmony with and expanding open source community participation.
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders and adjacent teams to build a shared understanding and accommodation of competing priorities.
- Empower engineers to solve problems, fostering a balance of velocity and rigor through scalable, asynchronous decision-making practices.
- Maintain and strengthen a team and community culture of growth, openness, trust, rigor, humility, mutual support, and psychological safety.
- Advocate for and enhance Decent’s asynchronous, autonomous, and distributed working culture.
- Lead the process of recruiting great engineers for your project, in collaboration with Decent’s recruiting team.
- 5+ years of full-time professional engineering experience
- 2+ years experience managing software development teams
- Exceptional judgment, problem-solving skills, and an analytical mindset
- Demonstrable success as an engineering lead/manager fostering highly-functional, healthy, inclusive and collaborative teams.
- Technical credibility through lengthy software engineering experience with back-end and distributed systems and infrastructure.
- A strong desire for and history of contributions to open source projects and communities.
- Experience working with and/or managing geographically distributed teams.
- Actively coached, mentored and grown team members in their careers.
- Ability to thrive with a high level of self-direction, autonomy and responsibility.
- A track record of recruiting and retaining great people to your teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An excitement for collaborating with people across Decent towards our shared mission.
- Deep knowledge of software development and delivery best practices, you know when a team isn’t moving fast enough and you know how to fix it
- Clear passion for both software engineering and Crypto
- Experience with Node.js and React, bonus points for Solidity
Since 2017, our efforts to dismantle centralized power structures in finance have helped launch over 30 groundbreaking DeFi products. We’ve fine-tuned the art of building and scaling successful products at the crossroads of financial technology and digital rights.
Today, our open-source collective connects contributors across the crypto spectrum with the cutting-edge tools and technologies they need to build thriving, self-sufficient communities. Working out in the open, we rally our community to create a DeFi experience that’s free, fair, and accessible for all.
Decent is an ecosystem of proven software builders, early adopters of cryptocurrency, and the protocols we create to advance our core mission: leveraging human intelligence in the most efficient way to accelerate decentralization. Join our global distributed talent and intelligent capital network and reap the benefits:
- Work in a rapidly expanding global rocketship.
- Unlock a unique chance to contribute to web3.
- Join a team that cares about products and working conditions.
- Work flexible hours.
- Enjoy full-time, paid vacations.
- Be fully remote.
How to Apply
Complete this form to tell us about you, showcase your relevant projects and experience, and provide a brief overview of your relevant experience and interest in the position.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they’re human RMzQuNzQuMjEwLjIyMgM
Leave a comment