Who we are
Who are you?
- Collaborate with the team and cross-functional partners on all aspects of product development.
- Identify and advocate for team-wide areas of improvement and best practices.
- Mentor team members to refine their technical and architectural skills.
- Magnify the impact of multiple teams of software engineers and open source contributors in their implementation of complex, distributed systems and protocols.
- Grow engineers’ skills, experience and confidence through regular 1:1s, coaching, actionable feedback, work and peer alignment, and career advocacy.
- Lead, improve, and document processes for technical prioritization, planning, design, implementation and releases in harmony with and expanding open source community participation.
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders and adjacent teams to build a shared understanding and accommodation of competing priorities.
- Empower engineers to solve problems, fostering a balance of velocity and rigor through scalable, asynchronous decision-making practices.
- Maintain and strengthen a team and community culture of growth, openness, trust, rigor, humility, mutual support, and psychological safety.
- Advocate for and enhance Decent’s asynchronous, autonomous, and distributed working culture.
- Lead the process of recruiting great engineers for your project, in collaboration with Decent’s recruiting team.
- 5+ years of full-time professional engineering experience
- 2+ years experience managing software development teams
- Exceptional judgment, problem-solving skills, and an analytical mindset
- Demonstrable success as an engineering lead/manager fostering highly-functional, healthy, inclusive and collaborative teams.
- Technical credibility through lengthy software engineering experience with back-end and distributed systems and infrastructure.
- A strong desire for and history of contributions to open source projects and communities.
- Experience working with and/or managing geographically distributed teams.
- Actively coached, mentored and grown team members in their careers.
- Ability to thrive with a high level of self-direction, autonomy and responsibility.
- A track record of recruiting and retaining great people to your teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An excitement for collaborating with people across Decent towards our shared mission.
- Deep knowledge of software development and delivery best practices, you know when a team isn’t moving fast enough and you know how to fix it
- Clear passion for both software engineering and Crypto
- Experience with Node.js and React, bonus points for Solidity
- Work in a rapidly expanding global rocketship.
- Unlock a unique chance to contribute to web3.
- Join a team that cares about products and working conditions.
- Work flexible hours.
- Enjoy full-time, paid vacations.
- Be fully remote.
How to Apply
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they’re human RMzQuNzQuMjEwLjIyMgM