At cLabs, the team working on the open source platform Celo, our mission is to build a financial system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, the Celo protocol makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Celo is an open protocol enabling many to participate in the system, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launching on the Celo platform, Valora, is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
As an HR Business Partner at cLabs GmbH, you’ll be working in a fast-growing and dynamic team, as we scale our processes operations and processes worldwide.
As we are growing incredibly quickly, it’s a great opportunity to join the team and contribute to building new processes that help support our success. If you enjoy working on exciting projects and you are eager to learn and be part of the booming crypto industry, then we are looking for you.
- Bring expertise in HR practices and compliance for our global team. Leverage deep knowledge of “HR practices” in order to guide the business in connecting business challenges and opportunities to the right people solutions
- Provide thought partnership in all aspects of our employee experience
- Be available to support through employee relations while also providing proactive partnership and coaching
- Be a key contributor in designing, developing, and facilitating our people programs and helping us improve them over time
- Develop and demonstrate a strong understanding of our business including our growth, market differentiation, technology, and innovation priorities and how talent can adapt and support in order to achieve them
- Review and analyze business unit data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience
- Act as a change agent. Successfully communicate and influence change throughout the organization cross-functionally
- Continuously think about talent, and work regularly with leaders to ensure seamless transitions and succession planning
- Support the business with effective organizational design as we continue to grow and evolve.
- Be a coach at all levels, as well as a mentor to all employees
- A passion for Celo’s mission to create a monetary system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all
- 6+ years of experience in Human Resources, possibly from a variety of roles but ideally with a minimum of 2 years of experience as an HR Business Partner or similar
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in one-on-one settings and group settings; able to convey complex – HR and legal concepts in straight-forward, caring, and non-corporate language
- Experience supporting HR programs like career path, leveling, learning programs, calibrations; experience enabling managers to leverage these and other tools effectively
- Tech-savvy and comfortable with data and multiple HR platforms
- Naturally exude positivity, compassion, support; strong sense of integrity and an ability to discern the right path forward through HR compliance regulations; strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to follow through and get results
- Demonstrated expertise in this field including mastery of HR compliance and legal requirements
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and coin plan
- Learning and development budget
- Excellent career prospects
- Professional coaching
- Direct contribution to a meaningful mission
- Challenging problems
- Flexible schedule
- Fun and global team
- Innovative Teal culture
- Team offsite events
cLabs (“Celo Labs”) started Celo in 2017 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we’re all proud to hold the job title of “Partner.” For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Leave a comment