Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, the Celo protocol makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Celo is an open protocol enabling many to participate in the system, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application that launched on the Celo platform, Valora, is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
cLabs is looking for a Blockchain Engineer. This role would be perfect for someone who is passionate about blockchain technologies and has experience building backend systems. Our team is responsible for maintaining Celo’s blockchain client gocelo. This is the core software that validators on the Celo network run to peer with each other on a p2p network, reach consensus on new blocks, and create the fundamental platform upon which the Celo community builds user-facing applications. If this sounds of interest to you, we would love to chat with you.
- You will contribute to the design & implementation of the Celo blockchain. What you might work on will vary, but some areas include the networking protocol, consensus systems, systems throughput optimizations, and scalability.
- Work within a Teal Organization which involves working among peers with a high degree of autonomy and opportunity to contribute to the company at any level.
- 2+ years of experience working with backend systems and programming languages such as Go, Java, C++, Rust
- Good understanding of networking protocols
- Passion for blockchain technology
- BONUS: 2+ years of experience working with Go, go-ethereum projects or fork of it. Alternatively, any other blockchain client
- BONUS: Experience working with low level database programming & systems optimization
- BONUS: Experience working with consensus protocols