What is Cartesi (CTSI)?
Cartesi – The Blockchain OS is a decentralized Layer-2 infrastructure that supports Linux and mainstream software components. For the first time, developers can code scalable smart contracts with rich software tools, libraries, and the services they’re used to, bridging the gap between mainstream software and blockchain.
Cartesi is enabling millions of new startups and their developers to use The Blockchain OS and bring Linux applications on board. With a groundbreaking virtual machines, optimistic rollups, and side-chains, Cartesi paves the way for developers of all kinds, to build the next generation of blockchain apps.
Welcome to The Blockchain OS, home to what’s next.
CTSI Overview and Use Cases
The token for The Blockchain OS has been designed to overcome the problems of scalability and inconvenience of blockchain applications. CTSI is the fuel of the network. When you use and stake CTSI, you collaborate with decentralization, security, and convenience for The Blockchain OS.
CTSI is a utility token that works as a crypto-fuel for Noether, Cartesi’s side-chain.
- Stakers receive CTSI rewards by staking their tokens and participating in the network.
- Node runners are selected randomly according to a PoS system and gain the right to create the next block.
- Users of the network pay CTSI fees to insert data on the side-chain.
CTSI also plays a role with Cartesi Rollups.
- Validators will receive CTSI from applications and users when they provide their service for Cartesi Rollups applications.
- Full details can be read on the Cartesi Network and CTSI article.
What makes Cartesi Unique?
Cartesi is the first blockchain OS. It allows developers to build decentralized logic with Linux and standard programming environments preserving the decentralization and security of blockchains. That means moving beyond Solidity and coding smart contracts with rich software tools, libraries, and services developers are used to. All while, free from scalability limits.
- Cartesi – The Blockchain OS is a decentralized Layer-2 infrastructure that supports Linux and mainstream software components. First time, developers can code scalable smart contracts with rich software tools, libraries, and the services they’re used to. It can bridge the gap between mainstream software and blockchain.
- The Blockchain OS’ components are made up of groundbreaking virtual machines, optimistic rollups, and side-chains.
- Scalable: Cartesi provides an over 10,000x increase to computational scalability for blockchain.
- Sophisticated: The Blockchain OS allows for much more sophisticated decentralized applications, which would otherwise be impossible on Layer-1.
- Familiar: The Blockchain OS enables the use of mainstream languages and tools like, C++, Python, and SQLite.
- Secure: Cartesi endows traditional applications with the same level of security guarantees achieved by the underlying blockchain.
- Multichain & Portable: Blockchain-agnostic and currently supporting all EVM chains: Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, Avalanche, Polygon, etc.
- Privacy Guaranteed: From games where players conceal their data to enterprise applications that run on sensitive data, The Blockchain OS preserves privacy on your applications.
Who Are the Founders of Cartesi?
The most important asset for The Blockchain OS is an ecosystem of contributors, each with a team of strong professionals, researchers and engineers extremely excited to create and implement cutting edge solutions in the blockchain space.
Cartesi’s core contributors come from high profile backgrounds with real-world experience at top companies such as Microsoft Research, and PhDs from top universities like ETH Zurich and Princeton.
To read about our story and see our full team, [visit our About page]https://cartesi.io/en/people).
Where Can You Buy Cartesi (CTSI)?
You can buy Cartesi (CTSI) on any supported exchange. For the latest list of exchanges and trading pairs for this cryptocurrency, visit the CTSI Token Page.
Leave a comment